Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day Eighteen: Regeneration

Life is often like cooking. There is always a way to make right what once went wrong. Mistakes are not the end of the world, and, with a bit of effort, they can be regenerated into something better than what was originally intended, or at the very least, not as disastrous as it could have been.

In order to make an omelette, you must break some eggs. Cheese is a plus, and so are tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and avocado slices.

I made a cheeseburger pie. It would have been perfect, if someone hadn't put a cake mix into the Bisquick box. Instead of throwing out the sickening sweet, meat pie away, I gutted it and turned it into a base for an unusual twist on a chili. It worked out in the end, but it took a little ingenuity and a great deal of patience.

The seminary and the current situations surrounding this place can be seen in the same light as the sweet, meat pie. With a great deal of effort, patience and charity, we can make a satisfying chili.


I hope that Father Pfeiffer and Father Hewko can do this, for the good of all involved. I do not believe that they acted in malice, nor do I believe that they intended to deceive anyone. I believe they are seeking the best for the faithful, and for the seminarians.

I believe that their initial investigation proved to them the veracity within Ambrose's basic claims, that is, of being ordained a priest, and having a consecration by the eight bishops. I also believe that they have taken steps to ensure that there was no possibility of sacrilege or schism.

I believe that, once they were shown the defects in some of Ambrose's claims, they reopened their investigation, and could not account for the discrepancies.

At that point, it became necessary to release a statement.

That is the sweet meat pie of it. I think the chili is in the works. This is not a lost cause, nor is it the end of this story. Boston can overcome these problems, with a little effort, patience and charity.

- - -
If you have any questions, concerns or  comments, I am happy to pass them along to the Fathers. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment