Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day Twenty-Seven: Best of Times

There is a lot for which we should give thanks. Though Thanksgiving Day is not until next week, it is important to give thanks to God everyday.

Since I won't be in Boston for the actual Thanksgiving Day, I gave the priests and seminarians their Thanksgiving early. It was a great meal, and one I hope the seminarians won't soon forget: turkey, green bean casserole, twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, creamed corn, apple pie and more.

I have enjoyed cooking for this small, tightly knit group. They are all good seminarians, and I hope and pray that they may always do the will of God. They will have many struggles on their path to the priesthood, and many more afterward.

It was the best of times, which I hope will give strength for the worst of times ahead of them. 

1 comment:

  1. Now that Fr Pfeiffer's pockets aren't exactly jingling, will he still be fueling his agents in Chennai, Tenkasi, Goa and Mumbai in India?.

    ReplyDelete